Setting up a VPN on Android is actually easy, but some services require the users to sign up, while others don’t. VPN is a solution to access sites that are blocked by Internet Service Providers. These programs can also increase privacy while surfing online. If you want to browse through your favorite sites anonymously, then add a VPN app to your Smartphone. There are so many choices, both free and paid. Today we will talk about how to set up a VPN on Android.
This tutorial shows you how to use get started with ExpressVPN. This service requires you to create an account, so start from here.
- Open a web browser on your Smartphone, create an account, and then login. Input the credentials you used to sign up. After typing in the boxes, tap Sign In.
- You will get into the Set Up page. Just tap on ‘Set Up ExpressVPN’. The next step is to download the app.
- Go to the Android section, and then download the app. You can either download it from the Google Play Store or directly grab the APK. The first is typically easier. If you already have Google Play installed on your device, just click on ‘Get It on Google Play’. It will take you to a usual Play page. Tap on ‘Install’ to initiate the process. Wait until it is completed and then launch the app.
- Just in case there is a problem with your Google Play, you can directly download the APK and install it yourself. There is ‘Download APK’ button on the same page as the Google Play download menu. Also, don’t forget to grant access for non-play store downloads. It takes a while to download the app. When you’re done, open the APK. You will be prompted to allow the installation, just tap on ‘Install’. The last step is to launch the app and it is ready to use.
- Right after you open the app, the system will sign you into the account that has been made before. Also, it will ask whether you want to share anonymous information to help improve ExpressVPN. Tap OK if you agree. The user interface looks like a typical VPN where there is a connect button to begin the process. Just touch the ‘ON’ button. The users can also choose one of the many locations. In the end you will see a ‘Connection Request’ pop-up window. This is common when you want to run a VPN. Choose OK and you can start browsing anonymously.
There are many VPN apps you can install on your Android device. NordVPN can be an alternative to the previous service as it offers many advantages. Firstly, nordVPN allows multiple device synchronization. You can use it on 6 devices at the same time. Secondly, it has servers in more than 61 countries. You can pick one that works best for you. Although VPN services are generally privacy-focused, nordVPN takes it to the next level by not saving logs and using strong encryption. It even accepts Bitcoins as a payment method. Though the speeds can be slow at times, keep in mind that there are multiple serves you can try. Just switch to different locations to find out one that offers the highest speed. That’s how to set up a VPN on Android.