Deleting text messages accidentally can turn into a stressful situation because some of them probably contain important information you can’t afford to lose. Today we will share tips on how to recover deleted text messages on Android. There are a few methods you can try.
Fonepaw data recovery
This program provides a simple solution to retrieve deleted text messages. There are a few things that we like. Firstly, it is compatible with various Smartphone brands, such as Sony, LG, Motorola, Samsung, HTC, etc. So if you own a device from one of these companies, you can recover the data instantly. Secondly, it displays detailed information including the dates of the messages. To make it work, you must prepare a windows PC.
- All you have to do is install the Android data recovery and launch it. Link your Smartphone to the computer using a USB cable.
- Next, you must enter Android USB debugging. Turn on the Smartphone and proceed to the USB debugging mode. There are a few tabs containing debugging information for specific versions of Android. If this is for Android 4.2 or newer, click on the related tab, and then hit ‘Settings’ followed by ‘About Phone’. Next, you have to tap the ‘Build Number’ options 7 times. A dialogue box will show up saying ‘You Are Under Developer Mode’. It doesn’t end there as you need to go back to the Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging.
- Select the type of files you want to recover, in this case ‘Message’, and click ‘Next’. Messages are not the only data the program can retrieve. If there are lost photos or videos that you want to trace back, you can also use this program.
- The scanning process won’t begin before you grant access. See the Android phone and tap Allow on the pop-up window.
- The deleted messages will appear. Just in case you want to save only some, make sure to read the content of each message. To help you sort them out better, look at the dates and names. Red indicates messages that have been deleted, while black is for existing messages. The last step is to click on the ‘Recover’ button.
MobiKin Doctor for Android
Recovering deleted text messages with MobiKin follows similar steps to the previous program. You have to install it first on your windows PC and connect the Smartphone right after that.
- After plugging the phone, the window of the app will show up.
- Wait until it establishes connection with the Smartphone. Once it is successful, you will see information regarding your device, including its model, system version, etc. This program also works beyond message retrieval. It supports other types of data, such as photos, videos, documents, and even contacts. Check any type of data you wish to recover.
- At the end of the scan, the program will come up with the lost files. They will be archived into their respective categories. If there are too many deleted items, choose to display only the deleted ones. It will make your job easier. Select the messages and click Recover. They will be saved on your computer. Don’t forget to specify a folder where these messages will be forwarded to.
That’s how to recover deleted text messages on Android. It sounds easy, right?