Back then cell phones were operated using keypads, but now we have an onscreen keyboard on every Smartphone. It is very helpful and much more practical than before. The best part is the theme of the keyboard can be changed at will. It is impressive, right? Many people aren’t satisfied with the built-in keyboard on their phones. They want to switch to another one that has a unique design. So, how to change the keyboard on your Android Smartphone? There are many ways to do that. The easiest one is installing a third-party app. There are a number of choices, but people are really infatuated with Swiftkey and Google’s Gboard.
- Firstly, you need to visit the Google Play Store. Just type ‘Gboard’ in the search box and it will come up with a few options. The first app shown on the result is usually the actual app. For further confirmation, you can see the number of installations. The actual one must be very popular that it has been downloaded by millions of Android users.
- If it has been installed, then there is no need to download it again. Just update to the latest version to enjoy the new features. If you’ve never used it before, then install right away.
- It takes a while to complete the installation process. After that, go to messaging or another app where we usually compose text messages. You will see settings pop-up as you swipe down the notification center.
- A click on the pop-up will take you to the settings page of ‘Languages and Input’. You’re probably already familiar with this section. There are a number of customizations that can be done on this page. Take a look at the options and see if something needs to be changed. There is also an option to add other languages if you will.
- Find Gboard from the keyboards listed there. Why choose Gboard over any other app? Well, as a tech giant Google knows that we want and need. There is no reason to underestimate the power of this keyboard because it is simply ahead of its competitors. You can make the most of Google features by adding this to your android Smartphone. It even allows the user to send GIF files with ease.
Is there another option? Of course, there are many third-party keyboard apps for Android. Firstly, you can try AI Type Keyboard. It comes with all the basic features of a keyboard app. The only problem is the app is not completely free. Well, it sounds like it at first, but the trial version only lasts for 18 days. After that, you need to upgrade to the premium version or stick with the free one but with limited features. (Also read: How To Setup ADB and Fastboot for Android Devices on Your Devices)
Chrooma Keyboard is another alternative. This one packs a lot of features, among others, night mode, gesture typing, and keyboard resizing. We can also change the color of the keyboard. If you love simple designs, this will be a good addition to your phone. Multiling O Keyboard is the next you should consider. This app can be downloaded for free. One of the main selling points is the language support. It actually supports more than 200 languages, pretty awesome if you ask. That’s how to change the keyboard on your Android Smartphone.