How many times have you got unwanted pop-ups while browsing on the internet? It can be annoying because many web pages enable this type of ads, so you have to manually close them whenever they show up without prior notice. But don’t worry, we will share tips on how to block pop-ups on Android.
- Assuming that you use Chrome as your primary browser, first you must open it. There is a 3-vertical-dot icon on top of the screen. Tap on that, and then go to Settings.
- Scroll down to ‘Site Settings’. There are a few options, but you must head to the ‘Pop-Ups’ section. On the next page, there should be a slider button. Toggle it ON it enable the feature. If you want to deactivate it, go back to the same page and turn it off.
- Another way to clear up pop-ups is using Data Saver Mode. As one of the fastest browser, it is hard to ignore Chrome. There is no need to switch to an ad-block browser if you love Chrome to death. Just use the available features to improve privacy. As the name suggests, the Data Saver Mode helps compress files on web pages which directly affects data usage. As a result, browsing will feel much smoother. This is not the only advantage. If you’ve always had a problem with data usage, this would cut down on your data bill. Since many pop-ups contain large-sized animations, activating the feature will make a huge difference. How to enable it? Launch chrome and go to Settings. Find Data Saver from the list, and then turn it on.
There are a number of browsers that offer extensive pop-up blocking features. One of those browsers is Ghostery. For those who need a browser that can provide protection against unwanted apps, Ghostery is what you need. It is designed mainly for user privacy. Not only can it block pop-ups, but it also provides visibility concerning trackers on sites that the user is visiting. The app is available on the Google Play Store.
- Right after installation, launch the browser and go to ‘Settings’. The location of the menu is similar to that of the Chrome. Take a look at the 3-dot icon on top of the page. Tap on that to see what settings are there to change.
- From the list, tap ‘Block Popups’ to activate the feature.
- If you need more aggressive blocking, find an option called ‘Tracker Blocking Options’. A popup window will appear with 2 options, ‘Allow Everything’ and ‘Block Everything’. Choose the latter if you want the browser to take ad blocking to the next level. With this being active, you will no longer see annoying pop-ups while browsing.
In addition to Ghostery, Opera Browser can also be an option as it comes with a built-in ad blocker. All you have to do is install it on your phone and start browsing. The Opera Mini offers the same feature. It counts the number of ads that have been blocked successfully. The best part is the browser also has its own data saver. It displays information on the amount of data the browser has saved. That’s how to block pop-ups on Android.